LF: More LF documents on the web

To: "RSGB LF group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: More LF documents on the web
From: "C Andersson" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:19:46 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
While browsing around the net I found the following documents which might be of
interest.

"Technique for building and calibrating VLF/LF receive loop antennas"
http://www.nosc.mil/sti/publications/biblio/VERYLOWFREQUENCIES.HTML
Unfortunately the photos are a bit dark.

And furthermore:

"Dipole and monopole antenna gain and effective area for communication formulas"
which says:
"A comparison involving antenna measurements and performance predictions has sometimes revealed a 6-dB discrepancy between the ground-wave transmission measurements and the correspondning calculations" That 6 dB sounds familiar to me.
http://www.nosc.mil/sti/publications/biblio/ANTENNAS.HTML

/sm6pxj