Re: LF: 73 Xband

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73 Xband
From: "Toni Baertschi" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:22:44 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Mike,
after the QSO with Dave I observed the band for several minutes, but there was
nothing to see, may be it was already too late. It seems to me that best condx
(for the path UK-HB) are between 19:00 and 20:00 UT.
I will call Xband again in the next evenings. Take care of your leg. I'm
expecting very long change over times.

73 de Toni

Mike Dennison wrote:

> Nice Xband QSO with Dave, G3YXM, last night. QRB 910 km. The signal was
> quite strong and could probably break the 1000 km barrier. When Dave
> called on 71.8 I've seen another signal, just a few Hz below. It was only
> "T" at this time but a QSO should be possible with longer dots. Who was
> it????
> 73 de Toni, HB2ASB in JN36pt

Toni, that was me. I was calling CQ, then I replied to Markus,
DF6NM, but we lost each other after that.  I called you a few
minutes after you finished with Dave, but no reply.

Having damaged a ligament in my leg, running up the garden in
between overs to change the taps on the loading coil was very
painful. The things we do for fun!!!

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm