LF: Re: 136kHz weak signals

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 136kHz weak signals
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 05:58:44 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>

Last night, 14/2, at around 2035UT I saw I5TGG . His signal was 137.726kHz on my scale calling CQ but the signal faded out.

Just a little earlier a strong QRSS signal at 137.729 is GM3YXM/P was seen (and heard) calling CQ. I was using Spectran, which has a better resolution for digging signals from between the Loran lines. The only disadvantage of this beta stage S/W is that you can only save images via Clipboard, which is a bit cumbersome. This I did and as I was converting the image to a .JPG to send to I5TGG I noticed another weak signal had been recorded at around 137.740kHz.

It turned out to be sending the same data as GM3YXM/P but with a mystery delay timing difference of around three seconds.

None of the signals was strong enough to cause non-linearity and there was no evidence of soundcard 'AGC' action that you sometimes see.

So is it some sort of strange propagation effect? Most likely some image effect of the SW or soundcard- but why the time difference?

I can send the .JPG image to anyone who is interested

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>