Re: LF: OM/G

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OM/G
From: "Toni Baertschi" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 23:18:20 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

From HB2ASB, JN36pt

What does suprise me is the assymetrical EAR syndrome. Both OE5ODL and
OM2TW were calling cq for ages on and off and NO ONE was replying,

regarding my situation, it's probably the very difficult path across the
alps in combination with the difference in power (both stations using 9dB
less than I do) . I had a QSO with OE5ODL, but the signal was at the limit
and the signal from OM2TW was not to copy.

I use the same antenna system for TX/RX and cannot see any disadvantages
with verticals.

Also my experience. I've tried different loop antennas and I come always
back to my TX-antenna. In my case it is still the best RX-antenna.

Today there was a long rag chew qso on 136.5 ropex frequency between two
UK stations on top of two German stations, then a PA0 started up calling
CQ then LX1PD started up calling cq EI.

I've made the same observations and I think it's the difference in ERP plus
the individual noise situation.

Put a proper antenna up for LF and avoid joysticks and the pocket
ferrite varities then check for ASSYMETRICAL EAR SYNDROME.

No problem for the ferrites - I've none of them in my pocket. But to avoid
the Joystick it's much harder: sometimes I like to shoot down alien
spaceships.

73 de Toni

PS. Hard to believe, but with the huge signal from 7S6SAJ we now have the
final prove, that tall antennas are better than small ones. Anyway I will
check again for the asymmetrical ear syndrom.