LF: F6NM=DF6NM ? / DCF39 measurments

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: F6NM=DF6NM ? / DCF39 measurments
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 01:05:18 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Laurie,

could it be that you worked DF6NM, Markus near Nuernberg (JN59NK)? I don'n
know if he regularely checks this reflector, but if you want to contact
him, his e-mail address is [email protected].

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)
http://www.qru.de

P.S. The storm prevented me from erecting my 18m fibreglas-supported
umbrella antenna, so no activity from my side this weekend. I used the time
to build a solid 1m diameter untuned loop to do some calibrated
field-strength measurements. I will come up with some results, especially
on DCF39 (DBF39 or however the call is, in their test transmissions
parallel to the 129.1 kHz qrg they even use DCF49 ...) soon. In the moment
there is a discrepancy betwen the calculated field strength at my QTH and
my measurements of about 6 or 7 dB, so either the Burg transmitter has more
power than we expected or my measurments are nuts.
For those of you who can read German: there is a homepage of the company
running that transmitter (http://www.efr.de) with some technical details
and  map depicting the expected field strength of both transmitter,
Mainflingen and Burg, in Germany.