LF: IK5ZPV

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: IK5ZPV
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:18:03 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Monday, 17th.
For an hour in the evening, my noise level on 136kHz went right down to zero on my s-meter. It is usually at S2-3 on the quietest days and up to 9 on the noisiest, typically 5 in the evenings (to compare, the Greek RTTY reads S9 and DCF 9+40). Perhaps one of my neighbours blew a fuse! During that hour, I heard IK5ZPV calling CQ at 429. I called him and he replied with a QRZ but nothing after that. He would not have been noticed at all when the QRM was normal. It just shows what we could all hear if the man-made noise was not there.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm