LF: LF...162 Khz France

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF...162 Khz France
From: "Andre' Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 11:10:47 -0500
Cc: "lf-amrad" <[email protected]>, "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
Congratulations, John.
Do you have the ability to make a recording of your receiver's AGC voltage?
73
Andre' N4ICK
***********************************
[email protected] wrote:

I have heard this station (France Inter 162 KHz) for several hours from about
1800 local until now 2220 at a good enough signal level to understand many
words. It is about the 4th or 5th time I have heard station but tonight is
the strongest. Right now...2222, I can copy each word from a Sinatra
song...Pennys From Heaven. There is a bit of long term QSB but strength is
close to level suitable for entertainment value.

Gear is Palomar, R2000, and 120 ft end fed wire with HB antenna matcher. Sig
is strong enough that when I put in 20 db attenuation I could still
understand Frank's lyrics.

73,

John W3HMS
25 Dec 99