Re: LF: Below 9 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Below 9 kHz
From: Magne Mæhre <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 14:57:08 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Christer Andersson wrote:

Hello all,

I have a small question. What stops us from beginning experimenting on, say, 8
kHz?
If I have understood things right, frequencies below 8,999 kHz is not allocated
by the ITU, neither regulated by national administrations.

There are no permanent allocations below 9 kHz, but that doesn't
mean the band is open for non-licensed use.

Radio Regulations (ITU) states (at least in my old copy) that
"Administrations authorizing the use of frequencies below 9 kHz
shall ensure that no harmful interference is caused thereby
to the services to which the bands above 9kHz are allocated".

In Norway, the Telecommunication law regulates all the electromagnetic spectrum (actually including signalling
by a flash-light :-) , so at least over here it is
regulated.

--Magne / la1bfa