LF: Re: QRS and Spectrogram.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: QRS and Spectrogram.
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:38:35 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
I would like some advice from some of you computer buffs.

Laurie,G3AQC said
Don't worry abt your computer, have used it on several
machines like 386, 486, pentium 200 and pentium II-350.
and they all worked fine with Gram..

I have an old Acer 486DX laptop with a 200MB disk drive and I would like to press it into service for use with Gram. As far as I can see the main problem is that it does not have a soundcard, although it has a PCMCIA type III slot. Also this laptop only has Windows 3.11 and no CD-ROM drive but it does have linking facilities to my main computer.

Can it be done? Is it worth it?

I did see an older laptop in use with Gram at the HF Convention.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>