Re: LF: Re: re: Insulators

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: re: Insulators
From: "vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:14:03 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

I have had good results with nylon "fishing line", otherwise known as
monofilament nylon line.  Down this way the thicker stuff is sold as
"marlin line" and it seems to last for a few years before ultraviolet
deterioration causes cracking.

Possibly weedeater replacement cord is also a candidate insulator
material.

I have melted monofilament nylon line on LF top loading, but that turned
out to be from arcing on sharp points on thimble ends.  I stopped using
metal thimbles and the top loading has stayed up :)

Cheers,

Bob ZL2CA