LF: Re: SETI

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: SETI
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 23:26:05 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
The January 2000 edition of the 'Computer Shopper' has an interesting article by Mike Bedford, G4AAE, on the Search for Extraterrestial Intelligence (SETI). This is one of the best written and informative articles I have seen on the subject. The reason I mention the subject on the reflector is not that I expect LGM to come up on the Ropex frequency but to find out more about the software used to process the data collected in the search. One of the illustrations shows a 3-dimensional spectrogam with a frequency resolution of 0.074506Hz
Any one elso know about this stuff?
Another pic shows a GPS satellite signal displayed on FFT4 with Doppler shift moving the signal two thirds across the screen on the widest frequency screen.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>