LF: DX Cluster spots from GB7DXM 27/28Nov

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: DX Cluster spots from GB7DXM 27/28Nov
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:57:18 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, big disappointment not to hear a huge signal from Karlsborg......But
never mind guys, we wish your sick collegue a speedy recovery and we will
wait for next time.
Petr OK1FIG made the weekend, after he struggled out to his mountain retreat
for the last session this year, and put a good signal into the UK for most
of the weekend. I'm sure he must have given several stations a new country
on 136. Hope you worked SM Petr, Christer was around on Saturday.

Saturday 27th Nov.
Regular QRS signals from PA0BWL, G3XDV, and G3XTZ. I was noticing quite big
shifts in stregth with Graham's signal like a 6dB swing (dip)over 3
characters.
I didn't copy Petr when he worked Graham at normal speed, but later when he
worked Mal G3KEV he was a 439 here. Also copied a nice signal from Christer
SM6PXJ as he worked Graham at 1044z. Mike struggled with a frying VDU to
work
Petr OK1FIG on QRS eventually, during this period Petr was easily audible.
I think Petr made a qso with DF8ZR ('M') though I could not see a trace. He
was not seeing ON4ZK as he CQ'd at the same time Gaspard was calling several
times. At this time Petr was 4dB stronger than PA2NJN and only 1dB weaker
than ON4ZK with me. He offered Peter G3LDO a normal speed CW qso at the end
of their QRS contact at 2146z but Peter didn't respond.
Did anyone work the Austrians from the aerial tests? I forgot to listen
there.

Sunday 28th Nov.
Weak QRS call at 0650z on 137.69 not decoded could have been Petr as it was
around the frequency he was using.
QRS cq from Mike G3XDV at 0810z and 0858z the was a weak reply to the second
on Mike's frequency but not decoded (Mike sent ??)
QRS CQs from Petr at 0814z through to 0942z all 'O'
Weak QRS no decode on 137.66 at 0948z (FFTDSP4, not running 'gram at this
time)
Another weak QRS CQ at 1020 turned out to be Petr when I put 'gram on, full
'O' copy again but much weaker than earlier. Reply from DJ5OA (only 'T' here
only copied the DJ5 in bursts of DIY noise). Another weak QRS signal about
10-15Hz lf drifted up into Petr at this stage....I also have a note of a
partial decode of '....8ZR'( probably DF8ZR copied last weekend at better
strength)
but don't think that was the drifter.
I also caught a snatch of G3OLB working MM0ALM later whilst doing something
else. Dave is putting a consistent signal down from Aberdeen now as my
loop direction was not in his favour. I also have a note of what looks like
new call to me being worked by John G4GVC, G8PX unfortunately I could not
hear him of see a trace on the screen.

Not much from the Cluster this week....your spot reached me this week Geri.
IK5BQL is one I have not seen spotted before
G3NYK de GB7DXM    28-Nov-1999 2140Z    Type H or ? for help >
  136.5  IK5BQL      27-Nov-1999 1726Z  CQ..CQ.. VLF
<IN3RSV>
  137.2  OK1FIG      27-Nov-1999 0932Z  calling CQ CQ
<DL3FDO>
  137.1  OK1FIG      27-Nov-1999 0931Z  ufb signal in JO52BH
<DK8KW>
G3NYK de GB7DXM   28-Nov 2141Z >
 1800.0  OK1FIG      27-Nov-1999 2205Z  QRSS with G3LDO 137.67kHz
<G3NYK>
 1800.0  DL3FDO      27-Nov-1999 1129Z  136.7 cq
<DL3APO>
G3NYK de GB7DXM   28-Nov 2143Z >
73 de Alan G3NYK  JO02PB
[email protected]