LF: GD expedition

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: GD expedition
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:10:17 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear all.

All being well, we should arrive on the Island around 1730 on Friday and
will head for the /P location straight away. As it will be dark on arrival,
it may not be possible to get on the air on Friday evening but we will try.
I believe David has a sked at 2200hrs so we'll send him up the lighthouse in
the dark!
Final (or initial!) aerial work will be done on Saturday morning and we hope
to be fully operational by mid morning.
The location is at the Northernmost tip of the island, next to the sea, with
plenty of space for aerials.
We will have several receivers and transmitters and fully expect to put out
a reasonable signal. If all else fails we have a couple of kites!
QRSS will be available and I believe we will be beaconing from 0100-0400 on
Sunday morning on 137.71kHz for the benefit of transatlantic listeners!
After that we'll probably join the "early risers" on CW.
We hope to be active on the band most waking hours from Friday night until
about 9am on Monday morning.
We have a mobile phone +44 976 833 839 for use to arrange skeds. (UK 0976
833 839). We will also have other rigs and will keep a listen on the usual
QSX frequencies.
All this is subject to "Murphy's law" and may all go horribly wrong! We're
there just for the LF radio though, so we'll be trying our hardest!
Please give us a call if you hear us.

73, GD3YXM/P, GD3XTZ/P, GD0MRF/P.