LF: Re: Improved Marconi T at G3AQC

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Improved Marconi T at G3AQC
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 11:29:24 PST
Sender: <[email protected]>
You were putting in a good signal here today at 13.25 and I don't recall
hearing you before, so it is most likely better.

My receive Antenna is a G3LNP loop in the North/south plane.

I have just put up a G5RV for HF and tried connecting both sides as the
input to the receiver, but it is nowhere near as good as the loop.
I tried putting a couple of TOKO CAN1A350 coils in series and was able to
peak the signal, but still not as good as the loop.
The advice in the LF source book is to construct a big coil to get a high Q,
but I thought that maybe for receive this was not necessary. Presumably it
is.

Regards John G4CNN