LF: Re: GW/P expedition report

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: GW/P expedition report
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 19:01:06 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike

I know the problem! No matter how you park the car, the wire always seems to
brush against the car and destroy the paintwork...
Congratulations on the DX, you did better than I did in GM.

73, Dave G3YXM.

At 1100 part of the antenna brushed against the car, sparked across and
melted the insulation on the thin wire. Worse, the nylon cord melted and
broke. I came very close to losing the kite as it was held only by the
few strands of wire. Fortunately they held and I was able to make
repairs.

This was even more fortunate as the next QSO was SM6PXJ at 1407km (my
previous best DX from that site was 420km).