Re: LF: re: 500khz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: re: 500khz
From: "Hans-Joachim Brandt" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 00:49:30 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Finbar et AL;

THE POWER OF WCC and WSL I have taken from a 1959 list of coast and ship stations, volume 1, coast stations.

Concerning a medium wave band, as stated on another occasion (DK8KWs medium wave tx), we should choose a frequency sufficiently far from the 450 kHz to 468 kHz I.F. range of receivers, therefore I had pleaded for 410 kHz (or somewhat higher).

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB
Stations like
 Chatham  WCC and Amaganset WSL, were mentioned, but their power levels were
 exceptional, just imagine   30-40 kw, a bit over the top , and to be quite
 honest, their signals never struck me as being that much more potent than
the rest.

How about a new  band around      440 khz.  After  136 khz it would be  a
 breeze.

73 Finbar EI0CF EJM