LF: re:CFH

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re:CFH
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:40:16 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

A couple of corrections to Alan's recent mail

We are told the height of the mast at CFH is 600 feet (not 200 ft).  That is a
bit a different.

I do not have an accurate locator for CFH but it is listed as Halifax Nova
Scotia, which puts it in FN84EP.  Distance from here is 4593km

WA2XTF/6 is in Vienna, Virginia,  in FM18IV if my sums are correct.  That puts
it at 5881 km

That puts it 28% further away, not 10%.

From my experience of top band quite a few years ago the path to VE1 is very
much easier than that to W4.  Although top band stations with good
installations can work W4 relatively well it is by no means as predictable as
VE1 and does not follow a consistent pattern.

Putting these things into the perpspective of the typical amateur efficiency of
less that 1%, to work even VE1 is going to be no mean feat.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd