LF: Bandplan

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Bandplan
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 03:32:18 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rik, ON7YD wrote:

One practical remark : due to commercial QRM the band is useless for weaks
signal reception below 136500 (at least here in Belgium). This would mean
that in practice there is only 600Hz bandwidth for CW while we reserve
500Hz for almost non-existing modes. I agree that new modes must be
encouraged and that we sould have a segment for it, but 500Hz seems just
too much to me. Maybe a 200Hz segment would be enough (137400 - 137600).

Rik,

maybe someone else can provide the "minutes of meeting" of the LF forum
better than me, I just noted down what I thought we came up with. There was
some discussion on the bandwidth for new modes and a comment was made that
for example clover needs four frequencies with the two "edge" frequencies
500 Hz apart. As was said, it still seems to be possible to run CW QSOs in
between those four frequencies, provided, you have a narrow filter. Other
modes, such as HELL also need more than 200 Hz. Maybe (and I think this was
part of the discussion), CW could be used 136.000-137.600 kHz, with non-CW
modes sharing a common CW range between 137.100 and 137.400 kHz.

Pse hw?

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)