LF: early morning propagation

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: early morning propagation
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:49:20
Sender: <[email protected]>
This morning at 04 UT I had a sked with Valerio, IK5ZPV. But when I tuned
up my TX I noticed that the antenna was detuned for some reason reducing my
antennacurrent from the usual 1.9A to 1.6A (minus 1.5dB). Since it was
still dark I couldn't get out to adjust the loading coil.
Next dissapointement was that Valerio's signal was no stronger than it was
during the evening (539), only QRN was a bit better. I replied several
times to his CQ's, but without succes.
Arround 04.30 I heard SM6PXJ calling CQ with a very good 559 signal
(compared to the 429 I could hear him in the evening). At my second attempt
Christer copied my call and we had a QSO (gave 559, got 439).
Christer's signal was about 10dB stronger at 04.30 UT than it was at 20-21 UT.
So the early moring propagation seems mainly to improve conditions in
northern directions (at least from Belgium).
So to the stations in PA, south UK and central-DL (where propagation is
probably the same) : if you want to work SM/OH try to make an early morning
sked.

73, Rik  ON7YD
Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)