LF: Windsor but no DX Cluster postings this w/e

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Windsor but no DX Cluster postings this w/e
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:57:15 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, I was surprised to receive so much encouragement for reports and
cluster postings from all I met at Windsor. Maybe it will encourage others
to post listener reports. Like everyone else there, I enjoyed the
atmosphere, and enjoyed chatting to so many of the calls I have come to know
so well through the band and the reflector. I wonder how much longer before
we have a specific LF Convention. Congratulations to those who mounted the
demonstration station. It was the loudest signal I have heard on the band so
far, pipping Lech and Mal. I wonder what was done on the earthing side?
There was obviously not time to do much, and the position in the river plain
is obviously good. It's a pity it suffered from so much receive interference
as the signal was obviously heard right across Europe.

All my listening was unattended QRS logging with FFTDSP, due to my
attendance at Windsor and being out all Sunday morning as well. No chance to
wind up Spectrogram and dig the weaker ones out of the noise.  Heard were
PA2NJN (working Petr OK1FIG), DF3LP, DK8KW (after his majik broomstick act)
and a station signing --MLJ or was the last letter a P, copied in between
bursts of local SMPSU noise at about 0844z. Oh and GB4RS of course working
Geri after his qso with Petr.

I am afraid my local DX Cluster GB7DXM has been down this weekend. Knowing
the location I was worried that there might be serious problems, possible
keeping it off for a while. My confidence in the enthusiasm of the local
DXers was not misplaced. I have it on good authority from a 'usually
reliable source' that it will be active again soon after some necessary
re-engineering. I suspect this means 'tidying up' in amateur parlance!  So
its 'Watch this space' for next weekend.
73 de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]