LF: RSGB Demonstration station

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RSGB Demonstration station
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 03:01:13 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
The LF demonstration station at Windsor made its final QSO yesterday (Sunday) at 14.30 UTC.

The following stations were worked on 136k.
CALL                RST SENT        RST RX

G4GVC                   599         599
G3XDV  (QRS)        O           O
G3GRO               589         599
G3YXM                   599         59+10 9
PA0SE                   449         589
G3BDQ                   579         59+10 9
G8RW                    579         59+15 9
DF3LP (QRS)         M           O
DK8KW (QRS)         O           549
OK1FIG (QRS)            O           O
G6NB                    569         589
G3YMC               459         599

We were also able to operate on the UK band of 73kHz. This LF frequency with its wavelength of 4.2km is considerably more difficult than 136. As operation in the UK is by a notice of variation, we only able to use, with the permission of the RIS, the call G0MRF.

Sunday

07.15 - 07.40. G3LDO 549 sent 549 received 71.7k CW apx 78km 10.30 - 11.00 G3WSC 459 sent 569 received 71.7k CW apx 52km

Thanks to Peter and to the members of the Crawley radio club for their hard work in setting up the stations for 73k. Attempts to work / hear Roger G2AJV in Kent unfortunately failed due to the increased QRM on the band. Overall conditions appeared to be better towards the end of the weekend as noise levels reduced on the bands and as the local computers, SMPSU's and thyristor dimmers began to be turned off. Stations worked on QRS were viewed as a multitude of 50Hz products meandered across the screen. My apologies to Marco and those stations we missed.

Overall a very satisfying weekend.

Vy 73

David