LF: 136 kHz Bandplan

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 136 kHz Bandplan
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 22:31:22 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
It is my understanding that, by gentleman's agreement, QRSS operation
(slow-CW/visual-CW) normally takes place within the range 137.4 - 137.8
kHz.

For many months this arrangement did seem to work well.  But, in August,
I reported to the LF Group that I had heard weak QRSS signals during a
weekend on 137.1 kHz - making it difficult to copy DX signals running
conventional CW in the range 137.0 - 137.2 kHz.

Unfortunately, I have once again heard the use of QRSS in the low part
of the band.  But this time the signals were very strong, and - even
worse - were present for most of last weekend, making use of the bottom
end of the band virtually impossible at my QTH.

(But there is some good news: conventional CW operators do seem to be
respecting the 'narrowband' status of the 137.4 - 137.8 kHz segment.)

I am interested to know why the present arrangements fail to meet the
needs of all QRSS operators.  Perhaps someone would be kind enough to
let me know . . . .

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG
[email protected]