LF: Did anyone hear my CQ:s ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Did anyone hear my CQ:s ?
From: "urban.ekholm" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 18:09:39 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello everybody !

After a lot of fiddling with taps on the loading coil for the tx output and the antenna and also the best setting of the variometer I this afternoon (oct 3) called a number of CQ:s for the first time on 136190. The time was 1400 to 1430Z. The question is: did anyone hear me ?
When listening I found the noise level being quite low and when home again I found a bad solder connection in the pre-amp so no wonder the noise level was low.

The tx has about 130W output into a T-antenna with the vertical part about 10m high and top loading with 3 wires 30m long spaced 50cm. The ground system is so far only one ground rod and 4 radials.
The rx is a TR7 and preamp.

What trigged me to try this band was that a couple of months ago I heard OH1TN and an OZ.... on a 40 turns loop with a side of 70cm.

73 de SM5EUF / Urban in JO78SQ (summer QTH)