Re: LF: Re: re Dave's Comment on filters

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: re Dave's Comment on filters
From: Väinö Lehtoranta <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 11:13:43 +0300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF folks,

Discussion about how to improve reception, including
filters, how to avoid ringing etc forms basis for
succesful LF op, and succesful operation in general.
About QST: I have QST on CD Roms covering years
1915-1998, any hints about such articles are welcome.
Just reading ON4UN's new 'Low Band' book, very good!

Propagation monitoring note: Jokela observatory LF/MF
field strength measurements were permanently closed
on the 30th of September - my interest towards LF will
continue as long as possible (also VHF/UHF measurements).
September 138.83, 128.93 and 77.5 kHz results will be
forwarded to Geri, DK8KW during this weekend.
These graphs give some hint about day to day variation
as well as month to month variation of field strength.

73 de Vaino, OH2LX

--------------------------------------
I have been "listening" to the NewZealanders on 181.4 Khz for a few months
now (is about 2500 km toVK) and find that Spectrogram is much happier if I
use my wide SSB filter. If I use my narrow CW filter it rings badly to the
everpresent QRN. This ringing is very visible on Spectrogram.

I am looking for a definitive article or text which explains which is the
best FILTER TYPE (shape, phase response, inpulse response, etc) to minimise
ringing from QRN. Can any body help please?

regards .............. Zim .............. VK3GJZ

V.K.Lehtoranta, OH2LX, POBox 50, FIN-05401 Jokela, Finland
------ Tel: +358-9-4173965 ---- Fax: +358-9-4173961 ------
E-mail: [email protected] - alias: [email protected] & [email protected]