Re: LF: Comment

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Comment
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:45:10 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
G3YMC wrote:
2.  I am always on the band listening fo QSOs between 0530-0630z.  Apart
from one or two regulars there seems to be little activity at that time,
even at weekends.  Can I remind all that this is an excellent time for
lower band noise levels.  In fact the gear is on all day during the week,
although I seldom have qsos at other times because of business
commitments.

I also check 136 in the mornings (about 0730UTC) and put out a call if the local noise is off. I do find that it is a little noisier than at weekends because of people watching breakfast TV before they go to work, but there's plenty of opportunity to work DX if the DX is there.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm