LF: On the scene again

To: "'136'" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: On the scene again
From: "Petr Maly" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:31:39 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LowFers,
after several weeks I had a chance to go to the cottage with a newly built PA. I was lucky not to blow my IRF's again, so I have done my first QSO's on normal CW. These QSO's are at the same time the first QSO's on normal CW from Czech republic.
I have made QSO with OZ1KMR, OE5EEP/5, DK8KW, DL1SAN, DJ1RL.

I used 4 x IRF540, on 24 Volts (droping perhaps somewhere around
20 Volts at the key-down state), with the current ranging around
18 Amps (the current changing with the antenna moving in wind...).

Now I am building a new PSU, with which I could raise voltage in steps
to as high as about 60 Volts to get higher output from PA.

I want to be on the air following weekend too, but I can't promise.

73! Petr, OK1FIG