LF: Multiple Tuned Vertical : some more maths

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Multiple Tuned Vertical : some more maths
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:48:10
Sender: <[email protected]>
I did some calculations on a more 'real-world' model of a MTV antenna,
assuming that the second tuned section has its own radial system (loss
resistance = R2)

            +------+---------+
            |      |         |
           +-+   -----      +-+
        L' | |   ----- C    | | L'
           | |     |        | |
           +-+    +-+       +-+
            |     | | R1     |
| +-+ +-+ | | | | R2
       -----+      |        +-+
  Z =              |         |
       ------------+---------+

If we further assume that :
- both inductors are equal and have the double reactance as C
- the reactances of C and L are large compared to R1 and R2

The the result of the calculations is Z = 4 x R1 + R2

That means that only the 'R1' component is quadrupled, the 'loss
resistance' R2 of the second tuned section is just added !

I don't want to bore the whole LF-group with the maths, but I'm willing to
mail it direct to those interested (it's only about 5 lines of basic math).

73, Rik  ON7YD

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)