Fw: LF: New LF broadcast transmitter at Kootwijk?

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: Fw: LF: New LF broadcast transmitter at Kootwijk?
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 12:41:11 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All,

In addition to what Michael Sanders has written I can inform you that KPN
(formerly PTT) is already taking away the transmitters at Kootwijk, now that
the station has been closed as per 31 December 1998.
Some of the modern SW ones made by Marconi go to a station of the Dutch
Royal Navy.
But the remaining ones, some dating back to the late forties, are broken
down.
The station manager of Kootwijk Radio, Mr. Martin  Nieuwenhuizen, has over
the years collected a series of old transmitters that have been used in the
past by PTT and our broadcasting companies. Even a pre-war one used by the
Dutch World Broadcasting Service of which the first stages were made around
1931!
There was ample space for the collection in the main building at Kootwijk,
originally built  to house a Telefunken AC alternator type of VLF
transmitter.
But all this has to disappear as KPN wants to get rid of the building. And
another place for a voluminous collection like Mr. Nieuwenhuizen's one has
not been found. A real pity that this unique collection of historical value
will be lost.

73, Dick, PA0SE