LF: 73kHz sked

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73kHz sked
From: "Prof R. Jennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 18:53:12 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike,
Welcome back to 73 kHz.  I was about to resign from the LF net - it is
saturating my little computer - but I received your message just in time. I have heard no fellow ham on the 73 band for ages and I thought that I was
destined to be alone on the band, apart from Harry Woodhouse, G3MFW.  Harry
received my 73 kHz signal in St Austel six months or a year ago and played
the tape back to me on the telephone (distance about 450km).  He then
determined to build a transmitter, which he has now done.  He also has an
excellent receiving system - far better than when he heard me many months
ago -  but now neither of us can hear the other.  We really miss an
intermediate station but everyone seems to be involved in the less
challenging activity on 136.  As you know, I have a slight hearing problem
but you may consider giving Harry a telephone call to fix a listening sked
or even a full QSO.  His telephone number is 01726 73608.  My own rig has
suffered somewhat from neglect and my radiated power is way down on what it
was a year ago, but I'm afraid that other matters have demanded my
attention and with no one else on 73 I've just let it decay!  Nevertheless
I'll probably put my beacon on throughout the eclipse period in case anyone
wishes to monitor the signal.  The frequency will be somewhere near 72 kHz.
I can also switch it on at almost any time by request but I don't know
when have time to overhaul the system.
Keep the 73 flag flying whilst you can, Mike.
73 and all that,  Roger, G2AJV.