LF: OE Weekend Activity Report

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: OE Weekend Activity Report
From: "Heinz Schnait" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 20:34:26 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

We had killed the transmitter at 0330Z after transmitting into an open
line. It was still dusk at this time and we must have gotten the coax
mixed up. I had to drive back home for a replacement transistor. We have
then been on the air from 0550Z to 0820Z.

QSO's have been completed with DJ2EY, DJ1ZB, DF2PY and DL1SAN. We have
heard IK5ZPV (CQing while we had no transmitter, rst 439) and DK8KW (at
abt 0700Z, rst 319). We have used two different receivers, a TS440 and
the FT1000MP, without the receiving converter. Both rigs did OK, the
FT1000MP had the better filters.

Conclusions: Always take a box of spare parts and a soldering iron with
you! Next time we will start at abt 0600Z, thats early enough for 136kHz
work!

Hear you soon!

73 Heinz, OE5EEP