Re: LF: Kit information

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Kit information
From: "Andre' Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 08:00:39 -0400
Cc: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
sovergne
Mark, F6JSZ
Editor, French CQ magazine wrote:

France's regulatory authority has accepted the use by amateurs of the
136 kHz band, but the text has not yet been published in the Official Journal.

congratulations  :-)

Does anybody know about some transmitter kits available for 136 kHz? I
would love to build a transmitter (plenty designs on the Web, TNX G3YXM
& Co.), but I won't have the time to do this.

G0MRF has created a 250 watt kit which I have built. I run it on 48 volts DC
(instead of 24) and get easily 300 watts + (had to rewind the output transformer
to add more turns, of course)
look up:
http://www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk/projects/lf.htm

That kit is a class B amplifier, hence you will be able to use it if/when you
start transmitting BPSK.

If you are only interested in CW, a class D or E amplifier will work well.

You could also buy a ready-built 160 watt Tx made by a Dutch company, under the
name of "The First".  It has a class D power amplifier, and we use it here at
the
WA2XTF 136.750 beacon. It works very well, and my only criticism is that it is
crystal-controlled, and the crystal is soldered on the board. Opening the box
and
changing the crystal are not exactly easy tasks to perform. Replacing the
crystal
with an external Digital VFO would be the way to go.

Good luck
Andre' N4ICK