LF: Kit information

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Kit information
From: "sovergne" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 13:25:36 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi folks,

France's regulatory authority has accepted the use by amateurs of the
136 kHz band, but the text has not yet been published in the Official Journal.

There are a couple of French hams interested in the subject, including me.

We hope to be able to transmit before the coming winter.

Does anybody know about some transmitter kits available for 136 kHz? I
would love to build a transmitter (plenty designs on the Web, TNX G3YXM
& Co.), but I won't have the time to do this.

I have a Kenwood TS-140S which I have modified for all band
transmission, but the transmitter starts at 1.6 MHz. However, it is a
good receiver.

On the antenna side, I'm listening with a preamplified loop designed for
longwave broadcast reception + a couple of Beverages, and the
transmitting antenna is going to be raised in the sky this afternoon: a
550 metre loop at +/-8 to 12 m high (the "garden" is a field with plenty
of space for wires!).

Thanks for your advice.

Best 73

Mark, F6JSZ