LF: Weekend Report 31/7 - 1/8

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Weekend Report 31/7 - 1/8
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:15:36 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Pleased to read so many reports of successes this weekend, especially from DL and OE. Unfortunately, not such a good weekend for me!

Saturday 31 July
Got up at 0620UTC but bad noise from next door at S9.

Despite this, saw QRSs from DJ5BV ('O') and HB9ASB ('M') on Spectrogram screen.

Also heard G3YXM and G4GVC at 599.

Put out a couple of QRSs calls but noise too bad.

Heard GW4ALG (589) after noise stopped at 1100.

QRN bad after lunch.

Sunday 1 August
Got up at 0510UTC. Noise on again and lasted all day.

Heard G3XTZ (5 9+20 9), GW4ALG (589), G3BDQ (599) and G3YXM (599).

Saw on Spectrogram screen QRSs from DF3LP ( only 'M' in the QRM) and DJ5BV (a strong 'O').

Went to RSGB National Mobile Rally at its new Hatfield venue. Bought some bits for my new mast (to be erected early September after the GW trip), and an old 286 computer whose case will be used to tidy up my LF rig. Plus a T-200 toroid for the junk box.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm