Re: LF: Mystery VLF signals in Italy

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Mystery VLF signals in Italy
From: "M. Bruno" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 12:38:59 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 09.21 02/08/99 +0200, you wrote:
From HB9ASB, JN36pt

I've never seen a response to Marcos query about the signal on 1025 Hz.
Here a possible explanation:

Of course I can see and hear the signal, like many others in the VLF/ULF
range, at my QTH.
They are coming over the mains but I can receive them also fro the air
with my 136 kHz aerial and detect them with my receiver and the
soundcard and spectrogram. The sources - at least here in Switzerland -
are well known. The signals are generated by our power stations and feed
into the mains to control street lamps, electricity counters in the
households (different day/night charges for the kWh) and other devices.

Thanks to Tony for the explanation. In effect I had no other responses,
except one from Gamal Soegiono, noting the use of 687 Hz in Germany for
the same purpose.

Well, mistery solved ... but there are a few more man-made signals
around 50 Hz. I will post a message in next days.

Thank you again, Toni.

73 - Marco IK1ODO

[email protected]

Rivalta, ITALY JN35SA (N 45 01' 25.6", E 7 31' 09.4")