LF: DCF39 Observations by Vaino, OH2LX

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DCF39 Observations by Vaino, OH2LX
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:29:36 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers,

those of you who follow the discussions on the reflector know that Vaino,
OH2LX, has made some regular observations on the signal strength of DCF39
on 138.830 kHz. Dick, PA0SE was only able to post his e-mail discussions
with Vaino to the reflector, but not the graphs.
With the kind permission of Vaino, I have posted the first parts of those
graphs on my longwave information homepage. They, as well as the
interesting discusion between PA0SE and OH2LX can be either accessed
directly at
               http://home.t-online.de/home/dk8kw/dcf39.htm

or through my main index-page

               http://www.dk8kw.home.pages.de

I will post the remaining graphs when I got them from Vaino. Stay tuned!

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

BTW: Vaino was asking for the exact coordinates of the transmitter DCF39 in
Burg near Magdeburg. The only information I have is from Gamal Soegiono,
who gave the QTH locator being latitude 52N55, longitude 10E18, resulting
in the Maidenhead qth locator JO52XH. Gamal said, this is on 10 km correct.
Does any one of you have the ability to verify those coordinates or to give
some more accurate information? Additionally, does any one of you have
contact to those people running that transmitting station (EFR in Berlin
respectively Deutsche Telecom?) and can reveal details on their exact
transmission power, antenna details and, if possible, their ERP? Thanks!