Re: LF: A help with rx sensitivity ??

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: A help with rx sensitivity ??
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:52:35
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 00:09 21/07/99 +0100, you wrote:
Mike G3XDV, mentioned using DCF39 as a standard signal for comparing aerial
performance, in a previous exchange which culminated in the fascinating
article and results reported by Dick PA0SE. This has just surfaced again for
me as I have had another packet contact with F5MLP. As you may remember he
has erected a 300m wire in anticipation of getting a permit for 136. He is
disappointed in its performance, and has sent a bull round the packet
network asking for other stations reading of the strength of DCF39.
I think the main (and maybe only reason) to use long and low horizontal
wires on 136kHz is an attempt to produce a strong skywave signal for 'DX'.
So it would be worth not only to compare the perforance of these antennas
(versus the more classic short verticals) on a transmitter only 500 ...
800km away but also a 'real DX' in the 2000 ... 3000km range.
Maybe the 'Greek' at the bottom of the band can be used for that ?

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)