LF: Weekend report

To: "lfgroup" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Weekend report
From: "Kate Moore" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 08:46:47 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Stations worked here over the weekend on 136kHz using normal speed CW:

Saturday 17/7
DJ5DI (08.00UT: gave him 559, he gave me 539), PA0SE (08.10: 579, 589),
EI0CF (11.03: 579, 569).

Sunday 18/7
DJ5BV (07.08: 339, 429), G6RO (08.10: 589, 59+9), ON7YD (08.52: 559, 549).

I wasn't very active either last weekend or this, but whenever I did take a
listen there seemed plenty of activity. The previous Sunday I had copied a
weak, chirpy beacon from Richard G0VXG in Telford and, having alerted him by
telephone, tried to work him. Unfortunately he has a very high local noise
level and we had to go out before I managed it. Has anyone else worked him
yet? On Thursday (15/7) evening at 21.08UT I copied a good 569 signal from
Valerio IK5ZPV despite the high static levels. We had a crossband QSO (me on
80m) but he couldn't hear my LF signal under the noise.

I was very pleased to hear Mike G3XDV working DJ5DI with normal speed CW on
Saturday morning. Well done Mike - the improvements are really showing now.
Sunday morning was quite busy between 07.00 and 09.00UT with at least seven
G-stations, three Germans and one Belgian station active - and those are
just
what I heard whilst I was operating myself - not bad for mid-summer! During
the QSO with DJ5BV, his signal came up to 559 towards the end of the
contact;
the strongest I have ever heard him.

        Regards  John G4GVC near Leicester, IO92JP

   **  TX: Synth + 400W RF from modified 'G3YXM' Mosfet PA           **
   **  RX: TS-850S with 3 x CW filters and 0.5ppm TCXO               **
   **  Ant: Inv-L 60m long, 6m high at feed end, 12m high at far en
**