LF: Weekend 17/18

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Weekend 17/18
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 22:37:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear all,

At last a good weekend on LF !
I worked DJ5BV for the first time on normal CW, rather tricky but reports
exchanged OK, on Saturday. He was a better signal on Sunday when working
G4GVC, 449 at times.
On Sunday I was pleased to have first two-way QRSS QSO with Geri DK8KW with
a nice quiet band to work on.
I also had a quick QSO with Wolf DF2PY who heard me in QSO and gave me a
call so condx must have been good there too. Certainly, judging by Geri's
Spectrogram picture of my signal during our QSO, propagation was better than
it has been recently.
Another new one was Phil G0VSJ in Shifnal, Shropshire with a good signal
(569 here) on 136.5. Phil's CW is a bit rusty so go slowly if you call him
(I know how he feels from my fumblings last year!).
Big news was the DX spot on the OH2AQ internet DX cluster
http://oh2aq.kolumbus.com/dxs/137.html which reported that John G4GVC was
received in HS6....  that's Thailand...  c'mon own up, who posted that one!

73, Dave G3YXM