LF: Re: Malin Candle Power

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Malin Candle Power
From: "Finbar O'Connor" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:22:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alan, fine on the Malin Head Light and funny you should mention that.
First time I pressed the key with the new setup I did notice the house
lights in the village across the bay, dim a bit. In fact once I put on my
glasses it was much easier to go for maximum current in the antenna by
watching the house lights dim, than by the usual anode current dip. Amazing,
never thought of that before. Mind you this has tipped off the lighthouse
staff to the very problem you were on about. The net effect is not a candle
to be bought in any of the shops locally, they have bought up all supplies.
Apparently they were caught out badly that night I ran up the big
transmitter, and say it's not going to happen again, if they can help it.
Just shows you.
Will keep you posted if there are any major developments.
73's   Finbar     EI0CF