LF: Weekend report - 2nd attempt at posting

To: "lfgroup" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Weekend report - 2nd attempt at posting
From: "Kate Moore" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:37:38 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Here is John's weekend report. Has the maillist been down for a couple of
days? I sent this on Monday and it didn't come back - nor did any other
messages from LF maillist.
Thanks

Kate G4JAI

******************

Stations worked here over the weekend on 136kHz using normal speed CW:

Friday 25/6
G3YMC (06.39: he was 469QRN, gave me 599).

Saturday 26/6
PA0LEG (09.27: 569QRN, 549QRN).

Sunday 27/6
G3YMC (07.34: 569, 599), G6RO (08.17: 589, 599), G3AQC (08.46: 559, 579),
DJ5DI (09.03: 459QRN, 569), G3XDV (09.50: 589, 599).

My operating is more or less back to 'normal' now, although summer low
activity/high QRN levels are inevitably taking their toll. Static levels on
Friday and, particularly, Saturday were very high here, so very few stations
were actually worked. Sunday was much better until the rain came mid-morning
and detuned the antenna.

I really missed having Harry PA0LQ on the band. We had excellent contacts
every weekend, sometimes every morning, and it was always re-assuring to
hear Harry's strong signal and note with interest what he was working. Let's
hope he manages to either placate those involved, or find an alternative
location to operate from. Dick, please pass on my regards and appreciation
to Harry, along with those from the others on the reflector.

I was very pleased to work two new stations over the weekend - G3AQC and
PA0LEG - taking my tally of calls worked 2-way on the band to 65. It was
particularly nice to get the call from DJ5DI on Sunday morning and make a
very good QSO despite the rising QRN levels. Interestingly, this was only
200Hz away from where DF2PY kept calling, but neither Fred or I experienced
any problems. Mike G3XDV is now a very good signal, which shows the value
of persistent experimentation and development - well done Mike, you should
work plenty of DX now.......

        Regards  John G4GVC near Leicester, IO92JP

   **  TX: Synth + 400W RF from modified 'G3YXM' Mosfet PA           **
   **  RX: TS-850S with 3 x CW filters and 0.5ppm TCXO               **
   **  Ant: Inv-L 60m long, 6m high at feed end, 12m high at far end **