Re: LF: Field strength measurement....Rik

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Field strength measurement....Rik
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:26:18
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alen,

Thanks for the information, I think it is worth trying. If this method is
correct I would de really easy to calibrate a loop for field-strength
measurements.
It strikes me that most usefull (practical) information about LF is found
in rather old books, the most usefull book I found so far is the German
'Taschenbuch der Hochfrequenztechnik' of 1968. All more recent books just
ignore LF or have only very basic information. Maybe it would be
interesting to have a list a usefull books about LF published via this
reflector, so we know what to look for at rallies or in second-hand
bookstores.

Regarding Toni's problem of measuring ERP at short distance it might be
possible to measure once the fieldstrength at at least 1km distance and
calculate the ERP from that. Then measure the fieldstrength at a short
distance (with the same antenna / power) and determine the
conversion-factor so you can do all further ERP measurement at short
distance from the antenna.

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)