Re: LF: Antennas by ZL2CA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Antennas by ZL2CA
From: "DF2PY" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 06:41:04 +0200
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Lowfers !
I fully agree with Bob in every respect.My findings were that evenly distributing Top-Hat wires on 360 degrees brought maximum current due to maximum C.My top-hat is fixed at about 50 feet height for each wire,i just cant put up higher towers to get a real umbrella-type topload,i have to sacrifice some fieldstrength by dropping the wires from 107 ft to about 50 ft,but i tried to get the biggest angle between ire and vertikal part of radiator. In my case a Digital C-meter went nuts when i connected it to the antenna- guess i told about the vicinity of powerful LF-Transmitters-i just could not handle the RF voltage.Then i applied the technique of detuning a known LC network at a frequency lower than the estmated resonant frequency of the antenna-that gave reliable readings. 73 de wolf df2py

BTW T&L last nite and heavy rain this morning  we`ll see about LF !