LF: weekend report 19/20 June

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: weekend report 19/20 June
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:11:12 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Saturday 19 June
Very bad local QRM, mostly S9 white noise all over band.

Heard G4GVC (599); G3YXM (599) and G3OLB (589).

Saw on Spectrogram (which was less affected by the noise) QRSs signals from ON4ZK ('O'); DJ5BV ('M').

Sked with DK8KW using QRSs. He saw me very weakly but noise stopped me receiving him.

Spent the afternoon modifiying antenna to raise height of far end from 9m to 14m.

Sunday 20 June
Local noise still on.

Heard G3BDQ (589); G3YXM (599).

Saw on Spectrogram ON4ZK ('O').

Worked MM0ALM (gave him 359QRM, got 339). Very difficult QSO but my best DX using conventional CW at 596km. He had not preiously replied to my calls so think my antenna works better. Another sked with DK8KW but noise prevented reception again. He saw my signals again and a few dB stronger than yesterday - more evidence that the antenna is better. See Geri's web site (via mine) for the screen shots.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm