Re: LF: Peter Bobek, DJ8WL.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Peter Bobek, DJ8WL.
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 09:09:20
Sender: <[email protected]>
Like all other LF-ham the message of Peter's death struck me with unbelieve
as even in the last month you were in contact via e-mail and had the
intention to make a sked for a CW QSO between DA0LF and myself.
And I can only repeat what others told, that Peter the example a what a ham
should be : always friendly, willing to help, with great technical
knowledge and experienced 'operating skills' on the bands.

I had the same indea in mind as Graham, to do something to remember Peter :
I would like to suggest that we, as a group of L.F. interested people,
should instigate some form of perpetual award, dedicated to the Memory of
Peter, DJ8WL/DA0LF.  Maybe this could be presented annually to the station
deemed to have achieved the best results, or generated the most interest in
the new L.F. band.  We could use this reflector as the initial forum, but
publicity should be sought outside, as some interested parties would not
have access here.

One of our e-mails we exchanged the time the first transatlantic tests were
performed. He seemed to be very facinated and he told me that he saw a
transatlantic LF-QSO as one of the ultimate challenges.
So maybe we could designate this challenge to Peter by creating a kind of
'DJ8WL Memorial Trophy' that will be awarded to the first amatateur radio
stations (one in Europe and one in North-America) that perform the very
first two-way LF-QSO.

Rik, ON7YD

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)