LF: Peter Bobek, DJ8WL.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Peter Bobek, DJ8WL.
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 01:40:52 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Like all of us, I was most sad to hear about Peter.  I have always been a
close friend of his, having our first QSO on Top Band in November 1973. While I was very active on that band during the 70's we had many memorable
chats and he was always most helpful, even though my signal could hardly
compete with his!  In 1979 we met while I was on holiday in Germany and we
had a most enjoyable day down the Rhine  - Peter reminded me of this happy
day when I saw him at the convention last October.

His contribution to the LF scene is particularly relevant, and I think we
are only now beginning to realise what a significant part he played in
getting an allocation for 136, not only in Germany but in the rest of
Europe and beyond.  It is rather poignant that he was not able to
participate for long on the band he had strived so much for.  Unfortunately
I did not manage to have a QSO with him on 136.

<I would like to suggest that we, as a group of L.F. interested people,
<should instigate some form of perpetual award, dedicated to the Memory of
<Peter, DJ8WL/DA0LF.  Maybe this could be presented annually to the station
<deemed to have achieved the best results, or generated the most interest
in
<the new L.F. band.  We could use this reflector as the initial forum, but
<publicity should be sought outside, as some interested parties would not
<have access here

I would second the proposal by Graham G3XTZ for some form of award in
memory of Peter.  This would be very fitting.

73s Dave G3YMC