LF: Further signals measured (2nd version)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Further signals measured (2nd version)
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 10:40:42 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello, after the first version of my message was chopped after the dot of
"U dot K dot ", here is another try without those dots:

Today I had the opportunity to follow a normal speed QSO between G3XTZ and
G3YXM. I was not able to hear both stations mostly above noise level but I
took a reading of the input level of both stations with my selective level
meter MV 61:

G3XTZ, distance to my qth 732 km:       -121 dBm(75 Ohm)
G3YXM, distance to my qth 826 km:       -119 dBm (75 Ohm).

So, G3YXM, despite the fact that he is further away, has a signal that is 2
dB stonger than G3XTZ.

BTW: I found the source of the CCIR curves (you have to pay 35.- CH-Francs
to download them). According to a curve for medium dry ground (is the UK
soil medium dry?) the difference in field strength between 826 and 732 km
is around 3 dB, this would mean that G3YXM has an ERP that is 5 dB more
than G3XTZ. True or not?

Vy 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)