LF: Q-ed loop

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Q-ed loop
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 06:28:50 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Petr, OK1FIG wrote:

I tried to listen several times during this wekend but I have not heard
any
ham-looking signals. My QTH is Hradec Kralove which is about 100 km east from capital Prague. Locator is JO70WE. Who is closest to me? Is he willing to make a beacon for me for few minutes? Ones I saw 137 kHz in DX-Cluster too, but not this weekend. Are there any
prefered times/fqs to try to listen on the band?<

Petr,
yesterday a new station came up who I believe is closest to your qth. Ulf,
DL3KS finished setting up his station
in JO61, in the triangle between Dresden, Chemnitz and Leipzig. I guess,
that he is less that 250 km from your
location (without having the ability to verify this by calculating at the
moment).

He put out quite a strong slow-CW signal yesterday evening at 137.681 kHz,
that was partly audible in
my qth (JO52BH). Ulf can be contacted through packet radio.

Are you able to receive slow-CW? All you need a program such as Spectrogram
(freeware) and a computer with soundcard. If you have access to the internet, there are many
sites with links to those
programs and other longwave information (my own site has a "link"-page,
http://dk8kw.home.pages.de).
If you do not have access to the internet but own a computer with
soundcard, I can send you a disc
with the program by mail.

All slow-CW activity now takes around 137.700, as a "calling" frequency for
normal CW,
136.500 +/- seems to have established.
I recently started to enter stations I heard or saw into the DX
packet-cluster, so watch out for messages
entered by DK8KW.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW, OK8AHC ;-)