Re: LF: Q-ed loop

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Q-ed loop
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:48:17
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 08:00 19/04/99 +-200, OK1FIG wrote:
My QTH is Hradec Kralove which is about 100 km east from capital Prague. Locator is JO70WE. Who is closest to me? Is he willing to make a beacon for me for few minutes? Ones I saw 137 kHz in DX-Cluster too, but not this weekend. Are there any
prefered times/fqs to try to listen on the band?

Hello Petr,

welcome to the LF group.
I think that the closest (and strongest) station for you is DF2PY in
JN49AX, at about 560km from you. He has a very strong TX signal and has
been heard at over 1000km (by EI0CF).
I believe that DF2PY has no e-mail but he can be contacted via DJ8WL (who
will probably read this message).
I am willing to put a testsignal for you also, but the distance is about
800km and I have only about 125mW ERP at the moment. If you could hear me
it would mean that you have an excellent RX situation !
Regarding best times : for groundwave at this time of the year the early
morning might be best. Evenings are good for skywaves, but QRN can be very
high as we go to summer.

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)