LF: Good signals - deaf receivers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Good signals - deaf receivers
From: "Tracey Gardner" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:08:31 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi Toni

I've been using Gary Breed's K9AY directional antenna for listening
in the 200 - 500kHz range for the last months and I can highly recommend
it. It produces a nice cardiod response with well over 20db FB ratio.

The antenna that I have uses two switched loops as per Gary's Sept 1997
QST article, in conjunction with a broadband amplifier, to allow me to
switch between the four points of the compass.
The head unit uses a remotely variable termination which enables
me to optimise the null.
I must confess to having bought the antenna as a complete unit from a UK
supplier as I've been heavily committed to a new house build for the
last
9 months!
So if you want the FB of a yagi on LF, try a K9AY, it really does work!

73s Tracey G5VU