Re: LF: DBF39 off-air

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DBF39 off-air
From: Väinö Lehtoranta <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 19:15:49 +0300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello folks, I'm a newcomer to this mailing list,

Incidentally measured frequencies of DCF39/49 yesterday.
DCF77 (77.5) and DCF39 (138.83/139.17) are continuously
Fs recorded here at our Monitoring Station (qth: Jokela,
60N34 25E00), that's for LF propagation studies.

Qth of the latter is Burg, perhaps that is why somebody
may call it DBF39. Qth of DCF49 probably Mainflingen?

Cheerio                   de Vaino, OH2LX
IARU Region 1 Auroral Studies Coorninator

PS  Just reading article by PA0SE on RadCom, very nice...

At 12:49 9.4.1999 +0100, you wrote:
Hello Dick, PA0SE and all

GS> BTW: Is there anybody capable of
GS> decoding the emission of DBF39 ??

DR> So even if you were able to decode the DR> messages they would probably make no sense.

Yes and No.

By vewing the demodulated audio in SSB mode on the scope, I can discern different message lengths, short messages and long messages.

Long messages appearing most frequently,
short messages appear with relatively
large repetition times.

As all radio stations have to identify
themselves from time to time, I would expect
that short messages _might_ contain the
station ID where long messages obviously
contain the mentioned remote control commands.

So I do not care about the remote control commands, but intend to "see" the station ID.

Some OMs refer the station to as DBF39
others refer to it as DCF39.

End of last year I spoke with a technician at EFR (the company using a.m. LF station for their remote control service). He informed me, that DCF39 is still used to identify the station. By displaying the ASCII messages I would like to confirm that this is actually the case.
Best 73

Gamal Soegiono (SWL)

50N01 / 08E27 / JO 40 fa
[email protected]

V.K.Lehtoranta, OH2LX, POBox 50, FIN-05401 Jokela, Finland
------ Tel: +358-9-4173965 ---- Fax: +358-9-4173961 ------
E-mail: [email protected] - alias: [email protected] & [email protected]